Sunday, April 29, 2012

Having a Baby

A few days before Easter I was reading Proverbs. One of the proverbs stood out to me that day...
Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. (Proverbs 19:21)
I had a plan in my mind about how the next few years were going to go. Nothing exhaustive, just an idea of where I wanted to be at 27, 28, and so on. I decided internally to let God do the choosing for my present blessing.

He chose fast. I mean...really fast.

I found out on Easter Sunday that I was going to have a baby. Immediately my mind recalled what I read just days before, "...it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."


I feel good about what God is doing. I know His hand is upon us. I'm excited to share this blessing with my wife because I love her so much. I want to be a dad and I know this because I want to share our life with a child who we created together.

My prayer is that my child will grow to be full of the knowledge of Jesus' love. I know that the rest follows after that.

Lord, help me lead them with strong hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment